Position: Survey Technologist
Location: GTA Office –219 Dufferin Street, Toronto
TULLOCH Engineering is a progressive, multi-disciplinary firm that believes in maintaining a family-oriented feel. We seek out opportunities to work on unique projects and thrive under the most challenging conditions where we bring a passion for finding solutions and a fierce enthusiasm in implementing them. Our employees are dedicated to quality and often go the extra mile to fulfill client requests. We are excited about our work in the fields of engineering, land surveying, environmental and mapping services. We employ over 350 professionals working from fifteen offices throughout Canada.
Our Geomatics team at TULLOCH offers services to clients in all major sectors across Canada. We often find ourselves working in locations that offer logistical challenges, but also impressive opportunities for success and learning. In addition to conventional surveying services, we also offer construction monitoring, precision layout, 3D laser scanning and bathymetry surveys. We are constantly thinking of innovative solutions and ideas and will utilize emerging technologies to improve both the efficiency and quality of deliverables to our clients.
About The Position
We are currently looking for a full time Survey Technologist to join our growing Toronto team.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Hard working with an innovative attitude and be adamant about honing their technical skillset in both field and office environments.
- Committed to helping achieve our goal of expanding and winning work in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Enthusiastic about the opportunity to work on flagship infrastructure projects in Toronto.
- Adaptable and willing to travel out of town and do what it takes to get the job done!
This is a permanent, full-time position to begin as soon as a successful candidate is found. Compensation includes a pay rate of $25.60-$30.00/hour and enrolment into the Pension and Benefits program.
- Organize field equipment and supplies
- Ensure all field equipment is accounted for and maintained in good working order
- Demonstrate the essential skills related to the use of all field equipment used to perform job responsibilities
- Assist in the collection of field data using various survey instruments, levels and GPS field equipment
- A college diploma from a Civil Engineering Technician or Technology program or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the field of surveying or another industry related field
- Must be proficient in setting up, operating and troubleshooting Trimble survey equipment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Unwavering commitment to environmental health and safety in the workplace
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient in the operation of ATVs/UTVs/Snowmobiles
- Willing to travel for site inspections and field work on occasion, sometimes on short notice and for long periods of time
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proficiency in both verbal and written English communication
If this seems like a great fit for you, submit your resume:
- Online at tulloch.ca/careers
We are grateful for all applications but will only contact shortlisted candidates.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, or those needing job postings in an alternate format, please advise Human Resources when contacted for an interview.
“We want to build an organization where everyone loves their job and their leaders care for them”