Preqin is an award-winning, independent, research company providing data and intelligence to the financial industry. Investment professionals use Preqin’s online products to obtain key information for business-critical decision-making. Preqin’s clients include fund managers, legal firms, institutional investors, financial advisors and placement agents.
Primarily a data company; Preqin is also a fast-moving fintech with a strong growth record and a world-wide staff base. Owned by our founder, directors and employee shareholders, we care passionately about our customers, brand and the employees that make it all happen.
Based in Dubai, the Middle East Research Team is responsible for overseeing the collection, validation, and dissemination of regional datasets across the alternative asset classes. This includes engaging and building strong relationships with regional fund managers and investors to ensure the Preqin Pro platform provides customers with best-in-class data coverage across the Middle East.
The Associate VP, Middle East Research is a leadership role based in Dubai. The role will lead our research and data operations team and activities across the Middle East region partnering closely with our global research teams, sales and marketing organizations to grow and improve our regional data coverage.
Reporting to the VP of EMEA Regional Data who is based in London, this role will be highly visible within the industry and represent Preqin as a data expert at conferences, client meetings and workshops in order to increase brand awareness and support regional revenue growth.
The role would suit an experienced research professional with management experience at a financial data company, related financial services or research organization.
Start date: December 2022/ January 2023
Salary: AED 25,000 – 30,000 per month (AED 300K – 360K annually) + 10% bonus
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead a regional team of researchers (currently 2 people with further expansion planned) to ensure Preqin’s data on the alternative assets industry across the Middle East region is comprehensive, accurate and highly detailed.
- Act as the regional Subject Matter Expert (SME) for alternative assets to both internal (sales) and external (client) stakeholders.
- Identify and explore all available sources to drive growth of Preqin’s Middle East data coverage, with a focus on quality and accuracy.
- Support sales by providing data expertise and market insight at client meetings and workshops.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Preqin’s international offices to ensure consistency within our global datasets.
- Research and produce high-quality market and data analysis that contributes to Preqin’s regional content agenda.
- Engage with the industry by attending (and speaking at) key industry events, responding to press requests and other outreach activities.
Key Requirements for this Role:
- Fluency in Arabic and English (written and verbal) required.
- A track record of developing and mentoring high-performing teams, including experience in introducing and tracking Key Performance Indicators.
- Clear track record of excellent research capabilities – exhibiting persistence, patience and a keen eye for detail within a well-respected data company.
- Hands on, motivational and entrepreneurial leader with the demonstrated professionalism to speak to leading regional fund managers, investors and other industry participants.
- Strong written and analytical skills, with fluency in Excel.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with previous client-facing experience.
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally to represent Preqin and support business objectives.
- At least 1-2+ years of management/team leader experience at a business in a related field. Previous data management experience is a plus.
- Prior experience working in or knowledge of the alternative assets industry is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Finance, Economics or Business.
- Industry qualifications such as CAIA or CFA highly desirable.
- Annual budget for professional development qualifications (IMC, CAIA, CFA, languages etc).
- Winter and summer office parties and a company-funded team social budget.
- Preqin contribution towards Employee Workplace Savings Plan (DEWS), OR pension plan for GCC Nationals.
- Medical Insurance
Our Company Values:
At Preqin we’re driven by our values: everything we do is in line with the six guiding principles we have set for ourselves.
- Quality Data and Solutions, Comprehensive Coverage: Preqin is the first port of call for alternatives data, research and tools.
- Customer Centricity: Our customers are the central focus of Preqin.
- Objectivity: Preqin is data led and impartial.
- Innovation: Preqin sits at the forefront of the dynamic alternatives industry.
- Collaboration: Effective communication is essential to our success.
- Personal Development: Our business is built as much on our people as it is on our data and solutions.
Our Shared Culture:
Preqin is a fast-growing company, but we are passionate about keeping an entrepreneurial spirit at the heart of everything we do. Our aim is to deliver for our customers, but as one united, progressive, and successful team. Today, our more than 700 people globally share six core values. We strive for quality and put our customers first. We are objective, and we innovate, collaborate, and invest in our personal development. We also have fun together. We hold social events, play sports, and celebrate our shared successes.
Preqin is an equal opportunity employer where diversity is at the heart of our business. It is the policy of Preqin to ensure equal employment and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information, socioeconomic status, political affiliation, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Preqin is committed to offering an inclusive and accessible experience for all job seekers, so everyone has the opportunity to be successful. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please let the Preqin recruiter know at the start of the application process. Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process.