OCAD University Canada Careers 2021 | Apply For Associate Dean Jobs In Canada | OCAD University Canada Careers 2021 | Latest Government Jobs In Canada, Latest Government Jobs in OCAD University Canada Jobs. The Latest Information On OCAD University Canada Jobs In Canada. Upcoming Government Jobs In Canada OCAD University Canada Careers. OCAD University Canada Jobs For All Latest Notification Visit Official Web Site.
Canada Jobs Seekers who are looking for OCAD University Canada Jobs in Canada can check here Canada Government Jobs in OCAD University Canada. OCAD University Canada jobs opportunity is available for Associate Dean Jobs In Canada.
OCAD University Canada Careers | Jobs For Associate Dean Jobs in Canada
OCAD University Canada Job Associate Dean Jobs in Canada:– OCAD University Canada Jobs portal open for Associate Dean jobs vacancy in their Canada Branch. Currently OCAD University Canada Job Associate Dean Jobs in Canada available now. Candidates who are searching for This Jobs in Canada with relevant experience can apply for OCAD University Canada Careers Employment. Salary will be given to the candidate after selection of $ 145,625.00 per year (Not Conform).
OCAD University Canada Careers Briefed Table
|Department & Agency||OCAD University Canada Careers|
|Job Profile – Vacant Position||Associate Dean|
|Job Status||Full Time|
|Salary||$ 145,625.00 per year (Not Conform)|
|Job Location||Toronto, Ontario|
|Job Type||Jobs In Canada|
Overview / Job Description
OCAD University (OCAD U), Canada’s university of the imagination, provides a vibrant and stimulating environment for its faculty and students. Committed to excellence and contemporary approaches to education, OCAD U offers seventeen undergraduate programs, seven graduate programs, and a variety of continuing education courses in art, media and design. OCAD U is currently seeking outstanding, creative researchers/practitioners and gifted, collaborative teachers to augment its professoriate in this opportunity. It is an exciting time to join the OCAD U community as the University is at a key stage in its institutional transformation, with the implementation of its Academic Plan with six guiding principles: decolonization, diversity and equity, sustainability, valuing faculty, interdisciplinarity and health and wellness.
FACULTY OF ART
ASSOCIATE DEAN, ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
Reporting to the Dean, Faculty of Art, the Associate Dean, Academic Affairs plays a vital role within the Faculty of Art’s administrative team. The Associate Dean is responsible for oversight and management of the Faculty of Art curricular management, faculty teaching support and performance, as well as student issues related to teaching and curriculum. The Associate Dean champions the processes of decolonizing and diversifying the Faculty of Art’s curriculum, as proposed in OCAD University’s developing Academic Plan. Commensurate with this opportunity is a Tenured appointment at the rank of Associate Professor.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• In conjunction with the Dean, Faculty of Art, provide oversight and leadership implementing the Academic Plan, with an emphasis on decolonizing and Indigenizing the curriculum while continuing to support diversity and equity in curriculum development and research
• In conjunction with the Dean, provide oversight and leadership in course planning, including stewardship of the quality, maintenance, and transformation of Faculty of Art curriculum; with a particular focus on innovative and accessible delivery models, sustainability, interdisciplinary, student mobility, and experiential learning
• Ensure that students are informed by a wide spectrum of knowledge and experience embodied in an inclusive variety of communities, philosophies and ways of knowing
• In consultation with the Dean and delegates develop curriculum connections with industry partners
• In consultation with the Dean and delegates develop a culture for the Scholarship of Learning and Teaching and the Scholarship of Engagement
• Provide support and act as a liaison to the Indigenous Visual Cultural Program (INVC)
• In conjunction with the Faculty of Art leadership team, develop and implement the strategic vision of the Faculty of Art in accordance with the University academic and strategic planning documents, including OCAD U’s strategic equity priorities to manage and diversify student enrollment, grow and diversify the faculty complement, and manage programs
• In conjunction with the Dean, (and with consultation with the Director, Facilities & Studio Services, Chief Information Officer, Program Chairs, Director, Safety & Security Services, and individual faculty [as required]) coordinate space and equipment planning and budgeting related to facilities that support the curricular needs of the Faculty of Art
• In conjunction with the Dean and Director, Academic Relations, participate in the planning and preparation of the annual budget for the Faculty of Art
• Work closely with the Dean on strategic enrolment management including admission and retention targets, and enrolment number projections and analysis related to curricular offerings and budgets for the number of sections and faculty complement
• Conduct faculty performance evaluations for CLTA, Continuing, Teaching Intensive Stream, Tenure-Track and Tenured faculty in accordance with the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) and University policy
• Facilitate the Faculty of Art professional development activities including acting as liaison between the Faculty of Art and the Faculty Curriculum and Development Centre (FCDC), the Writing and Learning Centre (WLC), and other departments on faculty training, sabbatical applications, reports and presentations
• Facilitate the resolution of individual faculty and student matters as they pertain to courses, scheduling, and program plans
• In conjunction with the faculty, Vice-Provost, Students and International, Student Advisors and Program Assistants, ensure students are appropriately informed about Art program courses, graduation requirements, and program plans, and make referrals as appropriate
• Work with the Dean to communicate and consult regularly with students and faculty regarding matters pertaining to the Faculty of Art
• Liaise and work with the Director, Teaching & Learning, on issues relating to literacy and student learning
• Liaise and work with the FCDC on issues relating to curriculum mapping, new curriculum development, faculty professional development, and pedagogy
• Assist the Dean in other related tasks that contribute to the successful operation of the Faculty of Art
• Ensure the academic excellence and integrity of the Faculty of Art programs as well as alignment of all teaching and learning practices with academic standards and university policies
• Terminal degree in a relevant field of artistic practice and/or research area
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience teaching at the post-secondary level and an excellent record of professional/scholarly activity
• Prior experience in educational administration is considered an asset
• Relevant experience and an understanding of one or more of the programs offered in the Faculty of Art: Contemporary Drawing and Painting, Printmaking, Integrated Media, Sculpture/Installation, Photography, Criticism and Curatorial Practice or Cross-Disciplinary Art Practices
• Demonstrated leadership and experience promoting a respectful and inclusive work and learning environment for students, staff, and faculty
• Demonstrated knowledge relevant to decolonizing, Indigenizing, and diversifying curriculum
• A familiarity with and respect for the diverse range of current issues in post-secondary education
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational abilities
• Demonstrated collegiality and ability to take initiative
• Experience working with strategic and academic plans; experience working within a unionized environment an asset
• Demonstrated commitment to the principles of equity and diversity and experience promoting a respectful work and learning environment for students, staff and faculty
Terms of Employment:
The appointment will be made for a 3 year appointment, from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2024. This position is full-time and consists of approximately 60% – 80% administrative release, the scheduling of which will be determined in consultation with and agreement of the Dean, Faculty of Art. This academic leadership role includes an annual stipend with access to professional development funding.
Applications Should Include:
• A cover letter stating the candidate’s interest in the position how their experience has prepared them for the position
• A curriculum vitae
• A statement of Academic Leadership
• A Statement of Teaching Philosophy
• The names and contact information of three referees.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their application in confidence, addressed to Chair, Associate Dean Search Committee, Faculty of Art, online by clicking the “Apply Now” button below.
The review of applications will begin on January 29, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
As an institution committed to art, design, digital media and related scholarship, OCAD University (OCAD U) recognizes the profound and essential value that diversity brings to the creation, reception and circulation of creative practices and discourse. OCAD U understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are essential to and enrich the institution’s core mission and vision as an art and design university with a local and global scope.
As an employer committed to employment equity, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking communities including women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions. We encourage members of equity-seeking groups to self-identify within the voluntary Applicant Questionnaire.
In order to alleviate the under-representation of racialized and Indigenous tenured faculty and academic administrators, priority in hiring will be given to qualified racialized and Indigenous persons who self-identify as such in the application process. This initiative is a special program under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
OCAD U is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources for more information or refer to OCAD U’s Policy of Accommodation in Employment for Persons with Disabilities.
Final Selection for OCAD University Canada Careers Jobs In Canada
Candidates who have the required eligibility Associate Dean position can apply through the OCAD University Canada careers page link provides in the below section. You can check on this page all upcoming OCAD University Canada Jobs in Canada and other Associate Dean jobs in Canada Government Jobs.