This position, within the Indirect Procurement Team, is responsible for supporting Brinker’s various internal stakeholders and Restaurants’ operation teams in strategic sourcing activities (such as relocation/outsourcing, marketing technology & marketing services, e-learning & development initiatives, human resources services, linen products & services, gift card production & partnerships, and other products/services) for corporate services, with the goals of achieving and leveraging program and process efficiencies, and cost reductions, while continuously improving/maintaining products’ quality/performance and supplier service levels.
Your Key Job Functions
Key job responsibilities include partnering with the business stakeholders to understand sourcing needs to establish and drive cost saving targets inclusive of, but not limited to:
- Writing and applying procurement knowledge to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and/or Requests for Quotes (RFQs).
- Negotiating agreements with buy-in from stakeholders and managing Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and metrics, ensuring that Brinker International receives best in class pricing for like goods and services, leveraging terms, conditions, and volumes where appropriate, developing, managing, and evaluating a portfolio of suppliers.
- This position will be responsible for addressing day to day operational issues including project management, product and program rollouts and maintenance, Multi Market Tests (MMTs), sourcing new and/or alternate items, services and solving issues. The ability to collaborate with Marketing, Restaurant Operations, Strategic Innovation, Learning & Development, and other support departments is critical.
- Proven collaborative and interpersonal skills required to build, support, and participate in cross functional teams. Able to successfully work independently on teams and/or with minimal supervision.
- Manage multiple projects within established timelines to stakeholder’s requirements.
- Review/analyze information to make sound project recommendations and system/process improvements.
- Review/analyze various agreement documents to ensure they meet Brinker requirements with Legal and Risk Management support.
- Provide on-going communication to business stakeholders, project teams, suppliers, and management.
- As needed, act as a point of escalation for Brinker team members in times of contract disputes and/or service issues.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining contact with key suppliers. Develop supplier scorecards, facilitate and/or participate in quarterly business reviews.
- Identify new suppliers as necessary and determine the optimal set of providers for goods and services.
- Keep informed of key industry and market information including category specific trends, market conditions, and best in class suppliers. Develop working knowledge of other related fields to better support the Procurement organization.
What You Bring to the Team
- 5 years non-food purchasing experience strongly preferred. Restaurant or hospitality industry strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree; equivalent business school training; or the equivalent work life experience in skill and training.
- Technical Knowledge– demonstrates broad and deep technical knowledge of commodity and product procurement including specification, market trends, proficient interfacing between vendor/customer and purchasing.
- Communication Skills– excellent verbal, written and oral capabilities to deal independently with internal customers and external resources.
- Budget/Cost Control– general understanding of procurement budgeting and cost control functions, with ability to perform complex budgeting/cost control processes.
- Judgment/Decision Making– ability to make appropriate business judgments and decisions independently. Demonstrated ability to perform strategic thinking and planning.
- Problem Solving– ability to independently work through complex problems and derive innovative solutions/options.
- Negotiating/Analytical– ability to conduct complex negotiations and perform complex vendor/pricing analysis independently.
- Interpersonal Skills– ability to build effective organizational relationships inside and outside the department; ability to inspire trust via open, candid relationships, fair treatment and behavior consistent with expressed beliefs and commitments.
- Strategic Management– ability to develop distinctive strategies to achieve competitive advantage; translate broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans; align the organization to support strategic priorities.
- Presentation Skills– ability to make clear, concise and convincing business presentations that will have high level impact with executive and senior level management.
- Leadership– ability to act as team leader for special task assignments; providing leadership in development of purchasing skills and specific commodity knowledge for project team members; demonstrated ability to develop subordinates by driving, delegating, supporting, coaching, and empowering.
- Computer Skills– working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as Sourcing software.
- Other– strong ability to elicit internal and external support; strong interpersonal skills; strong ability to work under pressure and short time lines, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meeting deadlines as required.