This Community Relations & Experiential Partnerships Manager is focused on increasing awareness, understanding and support of Amerant’s vision, mission, and accomplishments in the communities it serves.
The Community Relations & Experiential Partnerships Manager leads Amerant Bank’s Community Engagements strategy supporting the Bank’s strategic priorities to deliver sponsorship management, brand visibility and associate engagement activities.
This role is responsible for building and maintaining local external community partnerships and sponsorships – with the engagement of local Bank leaders and teammates.
The Community Relations & Experiential Partnerships Manager will actively represent the company at local events (including evenings and weekends) as well as communicate the company’s local narrative.
- Oversee a portfolio of existing community relationships and identify, research, and set strategies to ensure Amerant’s community engagement strategy, educational awareness and outreach activities are viewed as a resource in the community through active participation and involvement while aligning with the Bank’s strategic priorities.
- Manage and track Amerant’s Community Relations budget, facilitate budget review meetings with internal stakeholders ensuring we are diverse and equitable through our philanthropic giving.
- Create and execute in-person interactive experiences for Amerant clients as well as the community at large (i.e. Private Client Events), Coconut Grove Arts Festival activation)
- Actively represent the company at local events (including evenings and weekends) as well as communicate the company’s local narrative, along with the Executive Management.
- Identifies philanthropic board opportunities for executive officers of the Bank
- Design new initiatives and leverage existing community relations programs, including team sponsorships, corporate service days, and specialty market events for the purpose of helping to deliver the expertise and Bank’s capabilities to clients, prospects, and civic leaders.
- Builds a strong range of internal and external relationships, seeks out opportunities to be of support and value, and meets regularly with lines of business leaders to understand their needs.
- Oversees budget management, logistics coordination, meeting management, agenda, and materials for a variety of meetings; and market asset management, including events and tickets.
- Partner with CRA Officer to ensure corporate alignment and connecting the Bank with its surrounding communities, helping to inform, engage with the communities it serves to help advance opportunities and partnerships around shared challenges and equity priorities
- Will lead stewardship of current corporate and foundation fundraising and/or volunteer efforts, as well as identify, cultivate, and secure new institutional volunteer opportunities with the support of executive management, i.e., United Way Miami Campaign
- Builds visibility of Amerant’s work by representing the organization publicly and shaping the team’s editorial content for newsletters, website, and social media
- Collaborates closely with Communications counterparts in the development and timing of media relations efforts
- Participates in internal and external stakeholder meetings as required
- Work is of considerable difficulty and requires the exercise of extensive initiative and independent judgment
- Success through Teamwork – Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- This individual must possess a collaborative working style; someone who will serve as a producer and thought partner to leadership and stakeholders throughout the site, as well as leveraging the support and resources throughout Amerant
- The position represents a key internal and external resource for knowledge on significant community issues and nonprofits that are most effectively addressing them
- Reports to the Chief of Staff to the CEO
- Manage sponsored event ticketing distribution process
- Prepare budgets and provide periodic progress reports to management for each event project, in relation to business line requests
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting
- Provide effective coordination to event schedules and appointments on the calendar
- Ensure event activities (including before and after event) are properly documented for effective internal and external communication drive
- Conduct post-event evaluations to determine how future events could be improved upon
- Follow event activities to ensure established laws and regulations are strictly followed and participants satisfied; also ensure any problem that may arise is quickly resolved
- Read trade publications, consult with other professionals, and attend seminars to keep abreast of standards and trends in the industry.
Event Planning and Production:
- Negotiate space contracts or book event space
- Arrange food and beverage, order supplies, equipment, and signage, and confirm suitable décor to meet brand expectations
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities
- Craft and review room layouts for each event
- Suggest fresh ideas to make the event planning and implementation process better
- Work as a link to vendors on issues relating to an event
- Design and implement strategy to publicize events and promote sponsorships via working with media and public affairs team to organize press events and ensure messaging is timed and released promptly to effectively promote events
- Create nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Develop event topics and choose featured speakers
- Welcome guests and customers by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
Minimum Education and /or Certifications:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent working experience; 12+ years of experience in the field or related industry, such as marketing, community/public relations, government relations, or communications
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
12+ years of experience in the field or related industry, such as marketing, community/public relations, government relations, or communications
Technical and/or Essential Knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – Exceptional commitment to delivering the highest-quality customer service and ability to work with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent writing and grammar skills and general communications abilities written and verbal
- Unwavering solution orientation – This role demands exceptional attention to detail and accuracy, adherence to deadlines, and being proactive in identifying solutions
- We need someone with a strong ability to think ahead, take initiative, work both independently and collaborate with others
- Willingness to do it all – Excellent abilities to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, problem solve, anticipate what is needed next and manage time to deliver the highest quality work on time
- Robust commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Customer Commitment – Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and the communities we serve
- Sound knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, spelling, and proofreading
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to work independently, but also collaborate effectively with colleagues, peers and other internal and external constituencies
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance and operate with integrity and within Amerant values; maintain high standards for ethical practice
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion as needed
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with others while maintaining a positive, proactive attitude
- Excellent skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, email protocol, and internet research