General Manager – Wine and BeyondType of Position: Full-Time
Supervisor’s Title: Regional Manager
Department: OperationsPrimary Purpose of Job
Provide leadership and direction of a multimillion-dollar business unit, with a focus on delivering an exceptional customer experience. Train and develop Team Members while establishing a strong sales culture with accountability for operational excellence and achievement of financial and regulatory standards.
About The Role
We are currently looking for a friendly, customer service driven individual to join our Team as the General Manager of our Lethbridge Wine & Beyond location in Lethbridge, AB. The General Manager will work in partnership with all Management Teams to help lead a multi-million-dollar business to success. They will assist in the maximizing of the store’s budgets and sales goals, and establish a strong sales culture with accountability for operating standards and financial performance. They will assist in the recruitment, hiring and training of capable teams. They are to help ensure the store is always clean, maintained, stocked and ready for business. They will lead the team to complete cycle counts/inventory, purchasing/receiving, store orders, and cash management procedures in an efficient and effective manner. The General Manager will maintain all merchandising standards, analyze store sales, trends, and performance weekly to improve or maintain store metrics. Additionally, they are to maintain a high level of product and service knowledge, professional appearance, demeanour, and attitude at all times.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
People Management Skills
- Create a work culture that makes your store an inviting place to work
- Be a role model who coaches, mentors and inspires team members
- Delegate tasks to team members and set priorities to Management team
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner to team, leading effective huddles / meetings / coaching sessions, keeping team well informed of pertinent information.
- Participate in store recruitment and create succession plans for the store
- Create development plans and conducts annual appraisals for management team; support and coach to improve any performance gaps and conducts ongoing coaching to improve team.
- Completes and holds team accountable to complete required LSU training within timeframes
- Creates and / or monitors the creation of efficient store weekly scheduling for both sales and support functions
- Deliver exemplary customer service
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service
- Create a culture that has a passion for specialty drinks
- Accountable for product roll-outs and product launches
- Review customer surveys and react appropriately
- Understand and utilize local market tends
- Evaluate programs and promotions for effectiveness and offer recommendations to Merchant and Area Management team
- Along with Regional Manager, assist with the creation of store budget
- Ensure that goals will be met through appropriate planning and organization of staff, inventory, and expenses for short and long-term success.
- Meet or exceed achieve financial targets
- Review and monitor loss prevention program to protect the company’s inventory and assets
- Review financial document (invoices, costs etc.) for accuracy
- Monitor and make appropriate adjustments to scheduling to achieve labor cost
Day to Day Operations
- Ensure store follows merchandising and pricing guidelines
- Ensure store is presentable and address any maintenance issues
- Execute merchandising programs and track results
- Manage communication (mail, email, voicemail
- Maintain inventory levels
- Respond to customer complaints
- Manage inventory ordering and receiving
- Attend health and safely meetings/training
- Actively aim to increase and share industry knowledge
- Develop relationships with store stakeholders
- Set daily tasks for the store
- Review ad and upcoming event and promotions
- Ensure that OHS, LP, ProServe/Serving It Right/TAP or Rserving and other regulatory requirements and procedures are implemented and adhered to
- Participate in health inspections, audits and required corrective actions
- Maintain First-Aid, LP and OHS Training
- Maintain ProServe/Serving It Right/TAP or Rserving and ensure employees maintain ProServe/Serving It Right/TAP or Rserving
- Ensure AGLC/BC LRS/AK ABC Board and other government guidelines are met
- Adheres to all ALCANNA policies, with a focus on Social Responsibility
- Minimum, two-years’ experience in Management or Supervisor position
- Previous operations experience considered an asset
- Minimum, 3-year experience in big box environment
- Post-secondary education/degree (preferred, not required)
- Training in wine/beer/spirits (preferred, not required)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Available to work a varied retail schedule, including evening and weekends
- Able to stand for an extended period
- May be required to safely lift 50 lbs.
- Comfortable climbing ladders
Other Skills and Capabilities
- Highly self-motivated
- Customer service driven
- Effective leadership of large team
- Strong sales background
- Proven track record of success
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able to pass a Background Check
- Must have access to reliable transportation
Why Work With Us?
At Wine and Beyond we invest in our people. We provide educational reimbursement for industry related courses. We prefer to promote individuals from within the organization providing our employees excellent opportunities to advance their careers. If you are interested in working in a fun environment that promotes personal growth with flexible scheduling please apply below!
ADDITIONAL REASONS TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible hours
- Employee Discount
- Free Uniforms
- Contests and prizes
- Product Knowledge training
How To Apply
Please note that Liquor Stores GP assesses all applications based on merit. Should a suitable candidate be identified, Liquor Stores GP reserves the right to close this recruitment process prior to the advertised date. Due to the volume of applications received, only those candidates deemed to be suitable will be offered an interview.
If you are interested in this position, please complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Apply. You are able to upload your resume, if you’d like.
Thanks for considering a position with us! Cheers!